1. Always use common sense.
2. Young children should always go trick-or-treating with an adult.
3. Older children should never trick-or-treat alone. Go with at least 2 buddies.
4. Plan your route and make sure your family knows what it is. Don't deviate.
5. Wear a flame retardant costume.
6. Wait until parents check your candy before you eat it.
7. Be cautious of strangers.
8. Never go inside a house. Always get candy at the doorway.
9. Don't play around decorations or lit jack-o-lanterns.
10. Carry a light. Lightsticks are a fun way to stay safe.
11. Visit only houses that are well lit.
12. Always walk. Don't run!
13. Stay on sidewalks and driveways.
14. Wear a watch.
15. Cross the street at the corner or in a crosswalk.
15. If possible, take a cellular phone with you.
Find more Halloween information and safety tips from Halloween Magazine.
© Copyright 2005, Marlyco Inc